What Is Credit Counselling
Credit Counselling is the process that combines Credit Education and Debt Relief through Debt Management Programs. Recently, Canadian Credit Counselling has seen an influx of large American Debt Settlement companies. Some "non-profit" Credit Counseling and Debt Consolidation operations have been investigated by American authorities with results that question their desire to help, rather than hinder the consumer.
We believe our Canadian Credit Counsellors are among the best of the best - it's your financial future don't settle for less!
How Credit Counselling Agencies Work
You should review the form of Credit Counseling Agency you will retain.
Basically, there are two “types” of agencies, so called “non-profit” and “independent”.
The former is funded in a very large part by the very creditors that you owe the money to. Funded by way of a program known as “fairshare” which is a commission-based structure, while the “independent” agency like Solutions™ Credit Counselling Service acts only for, and is funded solely by its clients-YOU.
How to Choose a Credit Counselling Agency
Solutions™ Credit Counselling Service Inc. is an independent Canada Debt Consolidation and Credit Counselling agency that you can trust and meets all of the requirements listed below:
- We are 100% Canadian owned.
- Our offices and staff are located in Canada.
- All of our Credit Counsellors are highly trained Debt Consolidation professionals and licensed by the Provincial Government for your protection.
- Insist on having a Canadian Credit Counsellor help you with your debt problems - someone that truly understands the credit industry in Canada.
- We are trusted by Canadian consumers and have earned the respect of your creditors.
- We understand the selection of your Credit Counsellor is critically important, as one requires a caring, professional organization, which will strongly advocate their client’s position in every area, such as Credit Education, Debt Management, Debt Reduction and Personal Advice, all delivered in a timely manner.
- All legitimate Credit Counsellors are licensed in the province in which they are based, and must provide a bond or surety to safeguard funds held in their trust account on behalf of clients.
- These trust accounts are audited annually for Provincial Government Agencies.
- Before accepting services, consider your needs carefully:
- Do you need a Credit Counseling Agency that will represent only you to your creditors?
- Do you need a Credit Counseling Agency that will provide you with Debt Management suggestions, and a strenuous review of your situation?
- Ideally, your Credit Counsellor will be a member of a professional association such as the The Canadian Association of Independent Credit Counselling Agencies, which demands high standards of conduct from its members.
All of these matters must be thoughtfully measured. In summary, ensure that your Credit Counsellor provides you with information that is tailored to your needs and is given strictly on your behalf, is properly licensed and audited annually.
Speaking with a credit counsellor will not hurt your credit score in Canada. In some cases enrolling in a Debt Management Program through a credit counselling agency can benefit you because various Canadian creditors view this as a move in the right direction – the card holder is making a serious effort to pay off their credit card bills. Call Solutions Credit Counselling at 1(877) 588-9491 or fill out our Debt Consolidation Questionnaire.